Friday, August 3, 2007

Aliens and Strangers here

Hebrews 11:13-16
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

This scripture fits how I am feeling. I can not but say it is lonely out there in my sales job week in and week out. I meet many people. Many people with all kinds of problems, many people who are lost. Many people I wish knew my Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes it feels so alien to cling onto Jesus when everyone I seem to talk to in regular life knows nothing about Him.

I have been praying for them. I see the traps they are stuck in. I see the pitfalls they are in. I know because I used to be in them.

My hope is this blog can reach out to other followers of Christ who are searching for that city on a hill. I would like to be frank and open and real with people. So lonely it can be being a follower of Christ with convictions, when all the world seems to have no conviction, no values. If you understand what I mean, I beg you to share with me, with others, here. Let us walk hand in hand, thought in thought.

I am tired of wearing the masks. I would like to be open and real with fellow believers. I think a little company on this journey through foreign land to our celestial one can only encourage us onward together........To ensure we all reach it together. I can think of nothing more important than assurance of people you care about spending eternity with you.....

Have you felt like an alien or a stranger here in this life? Please share.....

Hebrews 11 is one of my favorite passages. It fits exactly what I feel like a lot of the time. An additional thought I would like to leave you with-
Have you ever pictured the country the Israelites left in Egypt? Moses leading Israel out of slavery to Egypt and breaking the bondage of the ways of Egypt upon the people. Just as Jesus has freed us from slavery to this current world and it's slavery to money or sex or pride, making us aliens to it's ways, just as the Israelites were now strangers seeking a new life somewhere better. So we are strangers journeying through the wilderness of this world looking for our heavenly city, just like Canan was to the Israelites in the wilderness, we shall find a land flowing with milk and honey. A paradise where we spend eternity with our Creator!

Just a thought.......
May we all flee from worldly pursuits and pursue the one worthy pursuit...God.

See ya guys,
I encourage any communication.

No comments: