Saturday, September 29, 2007

Reflecting on my first days as a Chrisitian

I was just thinking the other day about when Jesus became real and came to live in this temple of mine. About 3 years ago now, I can remember opening the Bible and reading things that just blew my mind. Many of the Scriptures did not make any sense. But there were those small pieces I came across that just amazed me with the Truth they contained. Things no one had ever explained to me before. Looking back I can not imagine living without the Truths contained in God's Word. It's no wonder I got into so much trouble without the Word of God in my life as a non-Christian.

Anyway, I can remember reading some passages like this one: Whoever finds his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39

I remember saying this to myself and to God: How can I do that? Is that something I really want to do? Who in their right mind can read that and really just accept that right off the bat? That is just craziness. And I encourage all to take those words in as a True statement by Jesus. That really is what He meant, and we really have to digest those words and understand the reality of what following Jesus is. It is a new life. It is a new way of living. It is a great adventure. It is living to care, living to risk in ways we never would have before. It is rearranging what you consider important in your life. It is putting something other than yourself first in all you do. It is a life that seeks God first and puts Him as the most important part of every day of life.

I highly recommend honesty with God. If you read something that catches your attention, something that bothers you, or intrigues you....talk to God about it. Tell Him how you feel. He will lead you in, if you are willing to lose all for the truth.

At some point we have to make that decision. We have before us total commitment no matter the cost with God, OR we walk away alone and seek only what our single feeble minds can imagine without the Creator of the universe to guide us. There has to be that trust, that faith, that God will do us right. That He is Good and He is Worthy to follow and whatever we lose by following Him will not compare to what He has instore, because He is so much bigger and better than we are as little humans. Walk in faith...this is where faith comes from. We move on acknowledging, my life is in your hands, do with as you please, I am fine with losing it, BECAUSE I believe you God, I love you.

I hope I did justice exploring the thoughts I was having. God help me to be relevant to help my fellow believers.

Other than that, I highly recommend making such a commitment to follow God no matter the cost. I can speak from 3 years of experience now, you will not regret making that decision. God has blown me away with His love. Anything I have laid down that God showed me I needed to, none of that junk compares to a life lived with God. Thats all I can say about that.

No comments: