Monday, April 27, 2009

The Great Divide - Human Beings or Human Doings?

As my eyes turn inward,
There exists a great divide.
I can grasp the greatest of truths,
but in my heart there is a divide.

Christ in you,
the hope of glory.

Christ in me,
transformation of my person.

As my eyes turn inward,
I have yet to yield.
I can grasp the greatest of ideas,
but aspects of my humanity remain unchanged.

Christ in you,
the hope of glory.

But what about:
Church on Sunday,
Bible study Monday,
Small group on Thursday,
A prayer before lunch,
and a tithe to my church.
Another mark on my checklist,
an allotment on my things to do.

Where is the glory?

Busy on Wednesday,
Reeling on Saturday,
and exhausted come Sunday.

But Christ in you,
The hope of glory!

When will I yield?
When will I allow,
transformation from the inside out?
Christ in me,
Shekinah glory on the inside.

You came to offer life,
and I form rituals.
You came to offer the revelation of God to my mind,
and I speed through opportunity to commune with you.
You came to be in relationship,
and I cannot find,
the time
to

slow

down

and just be,
who you
created me to

be.

You are with me in the yard,
I lie down in the grass.
You speak as I gaze into the skies,
Your voice comforts,
The wind wraps around my toes,
my soul is at ease.

Christ in me,
Christ in you.
No agenda.
Nothing to earn.

All that I am,
All that I do,
In all things I can enjoy You.
Playing with children,
enjoying this precious time.
Conversing with a loved one,
appreciating their personality.
Doing the laundry,
or getting groceries,
thankful.
Going deeper,
below the surface.
Life to the full.
Christ in you,
The hope of glory,
crossing the great divide.

No comments: